A Beginners Makeup Kit Essentials

Hey angels! So, a lot of you are beginners and so I wanted to show you the essentials for a beginner to have in there makeup kit. Now, I should say before hand that I am not a beauty guru, I am not a beauty expert, but I have been watching beauty youtube videos and experimenting with makeup and just overall doing my research for a few years now, so I have some experience and I especially have experience in being a beginner so I thought I would help you guys out! So I hope this helps! Comment below how many years you have been doing makeup, or if your just beginning wearing makeup and remember, don't use your real name! Remember that this is just my opinion, you may agree, you may not but either way I really hope you enjoy reading!



Tinted Moisturizer or BB Cream: If you are beginning in makeup I would recommend you get a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream just because they are so easy to apply and when your a beginner, you don't want to go for a full coverage foundation because it can be too much for your skin. If you have dry skin, like mine, then either a bb cream or a tinted moisturizer will really help. When you are first starting to use makeup, the most important thing is to take good care of your skin and both of these do that pretty well. Even now, I prefer to stick to bb creams because they have a built in primer, foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen all built in so instead of having to put all of those products on your face, a bb cream is a mix of all of them. A tinted moisturizer is even lighter in texture then a bb cream so if you really want to go basic, tinted moisturizer.

Concealer: Now, I am pretty positive that concealer is a makeup essential for beginners because usually people start using makeup because they feel there skin needs it. Concealer helps cover under eye bags, so if you have really bad discoloration under your eyes, concealer is for you. HOWEVER, if your under eye bags are not that bad, I would not say you need concealer because you can just take your bb cream or tinted moisturizer.

Powder: Now, a lot of people say that powder is not essential, but I really think it is. It helps set concealer and make it last all day. You can go for a tinted one, but I prefer my loose, translucent setting powder. This makes everything stay in place and its super helpful, especially because we are not using primer and setting spray, cause those are not staple items.

Blush: Now, if you watch makeup tutorials on youtube like me, you'll see a lot about cream contouring, and bronzing and such, but if you want to get that stuff, wait until you are more experienced. The concealer is going to block out the natural pink in your cheeks and make your face look off. I would recommend a powder blush for those who are beginning in makeup. To apply, just use your hands or a brush to apply to the apples of your cheeks, heres a diagram:



Highlighter: Its better for beginners to go with a less noticeable highlighter, and then work your way up to really sparkly ones. Don't go straight for the colored ones either, stick to nude colors to start with and then you can work your way up. Just a warning though, the rainbow ones almost never look as cute as they do in the ads.

Nude Eyeshadow: When you are starting out with makeup, you should go for basic nude shades that are easy to work with. Eyeshadow is not an essential but if you want to wear some apply a nice nude color to your lid and then apply a light sparkly color to the inner corners for a nice simple eyeshadow look. Again, if you don't feel comfortable doing eyeshadow yet or feel like your not ready for it, you don't have to wear it.

Mascara: Now, if you are just starting with makeup, I would go for a simple clear mascara, but if you want to be a but more daring, head to a store that has makeup and find a mascara that works for you. Now, you probably should not wear a bright blue mascara so I would stick to clear, brown and black shades. I love mascara because it really draws people to your eyes and makes your own facial features really pop!

A Lip Product of your choice: as with everything else on this list, when your a beginner, start small with basic colors, don't go too out there until you feel that your ready. That being said, there are tons and tons of really great lip products whether that be a liquid lipstick, regular lipstick, a lip tint, lip gloss, or even just a tinted chapstick. This completes your beginners makeup bag!

When you feel like you can apply this makeup correctly, if you want, you can start collecting new makeup and you can teach your self how to use those products too and soon you'll be a unprofessional professional like me! Is there anything I left out? Let me know in the comments! I really hope you enjoyed reading! Love you my angels!

- Greta 

Comments

  1. Hey my angels! Did you like it? Was it helpful? Are you a beginner or are you experienced with makeup! I forgot to put this in the article, but make sure you always go with cheap makeup to start, then if you decide you like it, you can built up to more expensive, if you are in that financial situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a beginner, I just started doing makeup, you really don't need primer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, when your a beginner, stick to a bb cream or tinted moisterizer. BB creams have built in primers and so thats super helpful!

      Delete
  3. I've been doing makeup for a long time. Like two months ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a long time you have under your belt. Your basically a makeup artist!

      Delete
  4. EARLY COMMENT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is so well thought out and long! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donc, vous nous dites de quel maquillage nous avons besoin, c'est la première étape, mais maintenant, dites-nous comment l'appliquer! J'adore ton blog et je pense que tu donnes d'excellents conseils aux débutants en maquillage et mode comme moi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, mon premier commentaire en français! Je t'aime beaucoup. Merci d'avoir lu mon blog et je te promets, j'aurai bientôt un guide de maquillage pour les débutants!

      Delete
  7. 私はメイクの初心者です、この物を正しく置く方法を教えてください。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 私のブログを読んでくれてありがとう、私はすぐに初心者のためのメイクのガイドを投稿しようとしている

      Delete
  8. hello , im alive because i felt like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you so so so much! Your such a great beauty blogger, can we please please please be friends! I love you so much! Please respond!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a beginner in makeup and this is so hepleuful

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply Makeup: For Beginners

How To Style: Jean Shorts

My Morning Skincare Routine 🌞