10 Hacks for School Dances

Hello everyone! My name is Greta and today I am going to be telling you all some life hacks for school dances, because I have a dance on the night of October 26th, its halloween themed, and I thought that I would tell you all my tips and tricks! This is for anyone but especially for middle schoolers who have not been to a school dance before. I am thinking of a few people from my school who have never been to a school dance before and um, yeah, I was really nervous before my first school dance, so I want you all to be feeling confident. So please follow my blog and comment down below your best school dance memory!



1. Okay so the first hack I have for school dances is; you do not need to spend large amounts of money on a dress, I like either just going to a thrift store and finding something cute, or just going shopping in my own closet for dresses! You'd be suprised how many cute options you can find.

2. The second tip I have for school dances is, wear waterproof mascara. A bunch of people are going to think I am really weird, but I cry at literally every school dance, whether its because I'm overwhelmed, tired, or even sometimes happy. I cry at everything so I always make sure to wear waterproof mascara, so it doesn't get everywhere.

3. Next tip! Okay so my next tip is wear primer because you want your makeup to last for the whole school dance. I would also recommend using a setting powder and a setting spray, just to make sure your makeup is not gonna budge.

4. The next hack is to bring as little stuff as possible. I just like bringing my purse and having only my phone, my phone charger, my lip product, mascara and a mini hairbrush. You don't want to carry around too much, so only bring the essentials.

5. The next hack for a school dance is take lots of pictures, you will not regret it, I promise. I look back on the school dances I've been to and I wish I would have taken more pictures and videos, so I would have more things to remember that school dance by. Also, make sure to charge your phone before hand.

6. Walk around in your shoes to make sure they are not too uncomfortable to dance in. I like to put on some music and dance around my room for a while while wearing my shoes that I am going to wear to a school dance, and then see how they feel on my feet. But just in case, if you wear heels, bring a back up pair of flats, for if your feet get tired.

7. Please please please please PLEASE do not forget to wear deoderant, because you will sweat while dancing, like a lot. So please remember to wear deoderant.

8. If you want your selfie game to be on point, practice taking pictures and see what poses best fit your face. Take a bunch of pictures of yourself and then go through and see which poses you like the most for your face! You don't have to do this, its just a recommendation.

9. You do not need to know how to dance. I have no clue how to dance properly, but guess what? It don't matter! Cause as long as I am hanging out with my friends and kinda just moving to the beat, I am good and having a great time. However, if you really don't want to stand out, just look around and copy what other people are doing. Everyone in my school does this one dance during "Low" and its really fun and makes me laugh every time. Believe me, you do not need to know how to dance.

10. Don't be afraid to we weird and goofy with your friends. My friend and I always do this weird tango thing during school dances, and my other friend and me have a silly signature move where we both spin into each other and fall over, and thats so fun for us. School dances should not be taken to seriously, they are not as big of a deal as you think they are, and its okay to have people look at you and your friends weird.

Well, thats all for now! I hope you all enjoyed reading! Please comment down below and follow my blog, I love you all so much no matter your race, gender, sexuality or anything else!

- Greta

Ps- Go check out my friend roses blog http://mywonderusss.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. I have my first school dance on friday and I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am so excited for when its november because that means fabvent which I love! I adore chirstmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your a great person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ur blog! I now have tricks to have a great life

      Delete
  4. your blog is stupid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thats kind of funny because, if you hate on my blog, I really don't care what you say about me. Thanks for the view and comment though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply Makeup: For Beginners

How To Style: Jean Shorts

My Morning Skincare Routine 🌞