Book Recommendations from Someone Who Doesn't Like Reading

Hey everyone! My name is Greta and welcome back to darling dearest! Soooo, I'm a highschool girl and to be completely honest I really don't like to read very much, unless the book is something I'm really invested in, and I know there are a lot of other teenage girls like me who don't know what books will make them WANT to read, so today I thought I'd tell you all some of my favorite books that I enjoy reading even as someone who doesn't like to read! So please comment down below, follow my blog, follow me on instagram @the_darling_dearest (I got a new instagram because my old one wasn't working so please follow it even if you follow my old one) and lets get started!

VSCO - gurl-moods - Images | Book lovers, Books, Book worms

Mylifeaseva (The Struggle is Real) By Eva Gutowski: I don't know if you guys are aware but Eva Gutoswki (aka mylifeaseva) is one of my favorite youtubers on the planet, I have always loved her channel and pretty much grew up watching her videos, and I was SO happy when I finally got her book! I love her book because it has everything from advice to stories and its amazing. I love it because so much of it is goofy and fun but theres also parts that talk about the traumas she has gone through and how she got through everything which I found super inspiring and personally relatable. I do want to warn you guys one of the things she talks about in the book is her sexual assult story, so if you are triggered by that at all, be careful reading this book!

Dear Evan Hansen By Steven Levenson: You guys may not know this but I am a HUGE musical theater nerd, I've been in 21 shows and I love musical theater so much so when I found out the broadway hit Dear Evan Hansen was also in a book form, I literally freaked out so much! In all seriousness though, even if you aren't a musical theater stan I seriously reccomend this book. This book follows the story of socially anxious Evan Hansen, who makes a mistake that leads him to grieving a boy who he claims is his best friend. I love this story because (as you may or may not know) I sturggle with diagnosed anxiety/social anxiety every day of my life, and I relate to Evan on another level. This book has amazing messages about mental health and the story line is interesting and fun to follow, it has humor but its also deep, I adore it and I would 100% recommend it to anyone!

The Pretenders By F. Sionil José: I read this book last year for the first time and I just love it because it covers so many different topics and personalities, its just so interesting and it always keeps you on your feet. Its about 5 different teenagers who go to the same school but live completely different lives and all get an assignment for english to fill a journal by the end of the year. The book is compiled of thier journal entries and I think its such a creative idea! It deals with every issue from poverty to teen pregnancy, and its super intense at times but SO worth it!
And thats all for today! I love you all so so SO much no matter your race, gender, sex, sexuality, size, shape, religon or anything else!

- Greta 

Comments

  1. i love your blog so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYY the comments work again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news guys! My comment section is back to working, tbh i have no idea what happened but I was informed it wasn't letting you guys comment for a while, BUT its back to working now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture is so completely adorable is it yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay so your blog and your style and your whole vibe is so different, like I feel like you've really changed but I love it so much like its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww tysm! People evolve and I go through phases, thanks for sticking through all of them bb!

      Delete
  6. Also guys I don't know what happened with the font!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply Makeup: For Beginners

How To Style: Jean Shorts

My Morning Skincare Routine 🌞